I recently saw this recipe on apartmenttherapy.com and I have been so excited about trying it out myself. Here is the result which was devoured this evening. If it wore pants I'd marry it.
Chop mushrooms, asparagus, onion, and garlic. Toss in a bowl with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place in a casserole dish and roast in the oven at 475˚ for about 20 minutes. While that is roasting, poach an egg. After veggies are roasted remove from oven, dish on to a plate, and top with the egg.
This dish is highly recommended to be made at the end of a particularly difficult day. Serve it up along side of some trials of the week, grumpy moods, or moments of insecurity. The fluffy egg will remind one of softer, easier times. The roasted vegetables, with their depth of flavor and complexity, will shed light on the true nature of life's highs and lows.
Bon appetit!
hey girl, i like your blog! can't wait to see you, we have so much to catch up on!
ReplyDelete